Police charge Zlatko Sikorsky over death of Larissa Beilby

ZLATKO Sikorsky has been charged with the murder of 16-year-old Larissa Beilby hours after he surrendered to police.

Sikorsky, of Shailer Park, is in custody in Maroochydore after a Sunshine Coast siege lasting more than 24 hours ended without incident last night.

This morning, the 34-year-old was charged with murder and misconduct with a corpse.

Acting Detective Superintendent Mark White said police had been working around the clock.

“Our thoughts are very much with Miss Beilby’s family as they come to terms with and mourn her death,” he said.

“We would like to thank the public for their assistance and co-operation throughout the early stages of this investigation.

“I would also like to acknowledge the commitment of our officers who have worked tirelessly throughout the week.”

A 40-year-old Palmwoods woman has also been charged with assisting Sikorsky in getting to the Sunshine Coast unit complex.

She has been charged with one count of accessory after the fact to murder and appeared in the Maroochydore Magistrates Court yesterday.

She was remanded in custody to reappear in that same court on July 2.

A 38-year-old Alexandra Headland man has also been charged with one count of accessory after the fact to murder and is due to appear in the Maroochydore Magistrates Court on July 2.


A 27-HOUR standoff between heavily armed police and Zlatko Sikorsky, the man wanted for questioning over the body-in-the-barrel killing, ended peacefully last night when he surrendered.

Sikorsky, 34, was pulled from a unit on Juan St at Alexandra Headland about 6.30pm.

He was driven into Maroochydore watchhouse about 8pm for questioning over the death of 16-year-old Sandgate girl Larissa Beilby.

Flanked by police, he looked dishevelled after the long siege and tried to hide from the media by covering his face with his hands.

“It was important to give our negotiators the time and space to help us resolve this peacefully – and I am relieved that we have been able to take this man into custody without him, any member of the public or any of our officers being hurt,” Superintendent Darryl Johnson said.

“I want to thank the people of Alexandra Headland – particularly those living within our exclusion zone – for their patience and assistance during the last 24 hours. It is very much appreciated.”

Police last night confirmed the remains found inside a barrel on the back of a black ute south of Brisbane on Wednesday were Larissa.

Larissa’s sister Deanna took to Facebook last night to acknowledge her death.

“With a broken heart shattered into more than a million pieces our family is utterly destroyed to inform you all that Larissa has been taken from us,” she wrote.

“Our beautiful girl has been reunited with our beloved wife and mother. Fly high our darling angel, until we see you again Rissy.”

The Craigslea State High School student – who had been dating Sikorsky – was last seen leaving transitional accommodation in Sandgate on June 15.

She had been reported missing by her father, Peter Beilby, a day before her body was found in the back of the ute. Mr Beilby yesterday took to Facebook to express his grief.

A 40-year-old Palmwoods woman was charged with being an accessory to Larissa’s murder after she allegedly brought Sikorsky to the Sunshine Coast.

The woman faced the Maroochydore Magistrates Court yesterday and was remanded to appear in court again tomorrow, a police spokesman said.

The resident of the unit where Sikorsky remained for more than a day revealed he unknowingly let the suspect into his home.

The man, who wanted to be known only as Joe, said a long-time friend called him on Friday afternoon and asked if he and Sikorsky could come over.

Police were alerted when a property manager recognised Sikorsky from the news.

“I was completely in shock, I had no idea,” Joe said.

Source link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top
%d bloggers like this: