Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We’ve put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
This role would assist with presales and the post-sale design and implementation of cloud and infrastructure solutions and transformations for corporate and enterprise customers. As a Solution Architect you will provide technical leadership across large and complex infrastructure and cloud transformation projects including technical leadership on the design and deployment of Hybrid cloud and identity solutions. You will need to come from a strong consulting background and should be personable and engaging to quickly build rapport with customers.
- Assist the sales teams with presales activities including
- Developing the solution description and value proposition
- Defining the scope, exclusions and assumptions
- Estimating work effort
- Working with customers to understand business requirement
- Post sales design of Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Technical project leadership
- Mentoring of System Engineers engaged in projects and throughout the practice
- Manage expectations of key project stakeholders
- Assist with the design and implementation of Infrastructure and Cloud solutions
- Work as part of a project team
- Collaborate with people from other teams to help resolve issues for our customers
- Maintain customer relationships
- Automate to innovate
- Ensure delivery of projects within time, budget and scope constraints
- Experience working as part of a team on large cloud, data centre transition, virtualization or infrastructure projects
- Experience with identity management and integration, DevOps
- Expert level core Windows infrastructure skills
- Knowledge of on premises and cloud based identity technologies including Microsoft Identity Manager, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Azure Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Premium
- Knowledge and experience across public cloud platforms including AWS and Azure
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager ARM templates
- Strong knowledge with virtualization technologies, preferably including some experience with Hyper-V and System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Experience with Systems Center Orchestrator and System Center Operations Manager
- Experience with some of the other System Centre product suite such as:
- Data Protection Manager
- Strong knowledge of supporting infrastructure including:
- Windows Infrastructure
- Desirable to have a good working knowledge of at least two of the following:
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix NetScaler
- SQL Design and management experience
- Multiple technical certifications such as MCP, MCITP, CCA, CCIA, CCNP etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and child care services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it’s like working with Optus.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Heads Up!Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!